Wax paper, a rubber band, and a cardboard tube make an inexpensive preschool instrument.
What You Need:
- Empty cardboard tube (toilet paper or paper towel rolls)
- Wax paper
- Elastic band
- Crayons, markers, ribbon, stickers, fabric, construction paper, and other items for decoration
What To Do:
- Cover one end of a cardboard tube with a piece of wax paper, using an elastic band to hold the wax paper in place.
- Blow and hum into the uncovered end to make a vibrating sound.
- Older children can make this for themselves, decorating the tube with crayons, markers, stickers, scraps of ribbon, fabric, or construction paper.