Rain SticksRain sticks have long been popular as musical instruments in other cultures.
What You Need:
- 1 cardboard paper towel tube
- 2 squares of tinfoil, large enough to cover the ends of the tube
- Masking tape
- 1 long pipe cleaner twisted into a loose coil
- 1/4 cup dry rice
What To Do:
- Let your child color the tube for decoration.
- Fasten one tinfoil square on the end of the tube with masking tape.
- Leave the other end open until the tube is filled.
- Help your child fit the pipe cleaner into the tube.
- Assist her in pouring in the rice.
- Close the other end of the tube with the second square of tinfoil.
- Show your child how to tilt the stick back and forth to create the rain noise.